Job Summary: The Store Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the Area Manager and to otherwise support the Area Manager in all facets of running the store. The SM will review business results, including profitability, and plan for continued improvement. The SM supports the selection and development of all Customer Service Associates and in conjunction with the Associate Supervisor is responsible for the training of all Customer Service Associates in the store. The SM is responsible for ordering goods and scheduling labor. The SM is responsible to manage and oversee all safety processes within the store. The SM ensures an exceptional customer experience. Where applicable, this position will assist the GM with managing the fuel offer.
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to and resolve customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
- Execute the corporate training plan for all CSAs and effectively conduct hands-on training to ensure associate proficiency. Ensure the planning and execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all associates. Assist with all matters relating to Customer Service Associates and the store team – recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, associate engagement and performance management. Recognize and reward associates.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments and activities of associates to meet the needs of the business. Delegate tasks and follow-up as necessary. In full-serve fuel stores, responsibilities include supporting the GM with all areas of fuel labor, including preparation of the schedule.
- Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve store goals. Examples include: reviewing and analyzing reports, completing the store performance tracking board, and managing shrink and spoilage.
- Manage cash and lottery processes.
- Analyze results and trends and prepare action plans to leverage the store’s strengths and address areas of opportunity. Ensure the execution of all action plans.
- Build relationships with community partners to connect the store with its community.
- Ensure safety program execution and fulfill the store safety leader role.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in all situations
- Ability to apply root cause techniques in order to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Understanding of store finances and awareness of impact to business
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Leadership experience required, leadership experience in a food service environment preferred
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Ability to work 35 – 40 hours per week
- Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff, sales building, labor allocation & scheduling, managing expenses
- Experienced in all areas of store operations, including foodservice
- Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
- Serve Safe Certification
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
- Ability to relocate as needed preferred
Harry’s will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com
Harry’s, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Harry’s maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.